Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Family Time and a Couch

I have one of those jobs that makes summer busy. Like really busy. Like so busy you second guess any plans to take a day off for fear of the mountain of work you will return to. Never-the-less, I did it. I took a day off. This past Thursday was my husband's birthday and I decided that perhaps the best gift I could give was time together as a family. We had a great three day weekend together!

On Thursday night we went to the beach to give the littlest Krywicki fish some time in the water.

Fun with Daddy

It was cold, but that wasn't going to stop this little girl!

"Sit Mommy? Swim?" I remembered her and Frank's bathing suits but not my own, grr!

On Friday morning, someone had a little too much fun at breakfast.

Ambrie loves "bunner and appows" (peanut butter and apples)

Then we headed to the zoo for family day. $2 for all three of us to get in, it was great! They had many booths all throughout the zoo but this was our favorite one, of course. 

Visiting my sister at NorthPointe's booth at the zoo
And Ambrie got a tattoo on her arm, which she thought was the coolest thing ever. We didn't see too many animals because it was cold and crowded, but this tattoo, seeing Aunt Tami, and petting a goat for 20 minutes really made the trip worth it...

Ambrie and her grasshopper tattoo

On Saturday we had a family get together for summer birthdays where my dad ever so casually mentioned there was a moving sale going on down the street. About an hour later almost every member of our family had purchased a piece of furniture from the sale, including us. Now I can FINALLY cross off "buy a couch" from my Year 33 list. Not that I've been 33 for long, but we have been looking for the right couch for a long, long, long time. Living in an apartment is so much different than living in a house. We knew we needed something small that would fit will in this living room, but we kept debating back and forth if we should get a full size sectional, should we by used, new, etc., etc.  Proof that God even cares about the littlest details of your life, we just happened to be in the right place at the right time with a couch and chair that are in good shape and were practically given to us they were so cheap! Bring on the family movie nights!

Not at all what I envisioned, but perfect for now!

Yay, a Living Room!

I think by the time we get everything the way we like it, it will be time to move again. And I think realizing this is what has me up at 2:14 a.m. blogging about our new-to-us couch (we're probably moving again in just 9 more months. Booo!) And since tomorrow is a running day, I better get myself to bed! Here's to sweet dreams about my sweet family and the wonderful memories made this weekend. 






No comments:

Post a Comment