So this, right here, has been on my mind for days now. I can't stop thinking about it. I have to write it down and I feel like I may burst if I don't. I need you to know... my child is a miracle.
While it's true that she wasn't conceived under a normal circumstance, and while it's true that my husband and I prayerfully made a decision to seek out medical assistance to have her, she is still created by God. She was not created by human hands. Her cells were not forced to split. She was not forced to grow in my womb. She is not NOT natural. She is a miracle. She is our miracle.
When Frank and I got to the day of our embryo transfer, we were given not so great news. Our embryos (three of them) were in pretty rough shape. They weren't dividing at a rate that was normal, and none of them were considered "A" grade. It was unlikely I would get pregnant. It was likely we would never have a biological child and that this was the end of the road for us. And if that was God's will, then we were ready for the next step in our journey. That's what we prayed through our entire IVF cycle... Lord, guide us. Lord, hold us. Lord, heal us. His answer to our prayer was more than what we expected; more than what we could have ever hoped for. He performed a miracle. HE knit Ambrie in my womb. He did that. No one else.
Friends, if you know of someone going through infertility, hug them. Don't tell them what God expects for their life. Don't tell them they are sinning. Pray for them. Pray with them. Pray over them. Love them. It's what they need more than anything.
Thank you for this post, friend! Love your heart!
ReplyDelete