Tomorrow is a big day. It's been looming around our house ever since Monday of last week. Tomorrow I leave my baby and go back to work. In November, 12 weeks seemed like a very long time. It was certainly not long enough!
My heart is a little heavy and my eyes are somewhat watery. Today has been full of snuggles, kisses, and me lamenting to my husband about how much I will miss them. Every time I gave him my sad look he gave me a reassuring hug and words of encouragement. This got me thinking... yes, it will be hard to go back to work tomorrow, but there are many "at leasts" that I have noted.
At least I work for a good company that I'm proud of
At least I will get to see my good friends at work that I have missed
At least I know my baby will be very well taken care of by her Daddy and Uncle
At least I have a husband who shoots video for a living and is sure to send me lots of them throughout the day
At least I'll see my baby every morning and every night
At least I have the weekends
At least I have a baby to miss
That last one is huge. For as hard as it will be to leave my sweet girl, the years without her in our life were much harder! So I will choose to have a good attitude, and I will choose to make the most of the time I have to spend with my little family. It may not seem like enough time to me, but it will be my favorite time at the very least.
Awww! Kara, I've been thinking of you over this week and knowing that going back to work was looming for you. Praying that today is extra special for you and that God gives you peace and comfort! Love you all so much!
ReplyDeleteLisa