Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Hatched Egg

One in eight American couples will experience infertility, and 1.1 million women underwent some type of fertility treatment in 2010. This means that the average American probably knows at least one couple struggling with infertility. You may not be aware of their struggle, but it's a sad fact of today's society none-the-less. 

Frank, my husband, and I are one of those couples. Only while many couples are silent about their struggle (read this article published on MSNBC for more information), we have not been. However, this blog is not about infertility. It's not about empty arms, doctor's visits, ultrasounds, injectables, ovulation, sperm counts, or anything else that has to do with infertility treatments. While I may make brief mention of things we went through in the past, you're going to have to head on over to my other blog to read the whole story of what we went through to become parents.  This blog, the one you are reading right now, is about our little "hatched egg". It's about my life as a mother and our life as a family after infertility. It's about my dream come true.

Our precious baby girl, "hatched" on November 10, 2011. She is just over 8 weeks old and I can not imagine life without her. The title of my blog is a throw back to my good friend IVF, a medical procedure my husband and I endured to become pregnant. I use the term "good friend" very loosely. While I am thankful for the doctors and technology that made becoming pregnant possible for us, anyone that's endured IVF knows that it's not at all friendly. Any couple going through this process has my utmost respect and my most ernest prayers for it is an extremely difficult procedure.

I am excited to be writing again and I hope to be able to stick to blogging on a regular basis. Life as Mommy is certainly wonderful and I am looking forward to sharing about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment